26 October 2012

october: what's blooming now

Hmm..I take that back.  More like, 'what was blooming two weeks ago'.  Fall weather changes everything pretty fast.  But we need the off seasons to really appreciate the spring and summer, no?


I cheated on the top left and have again included Hydrangea 'Limelight'.  This one is pruned into a tree, and seems to be thriving much later than the other I have.  And the right is one of the Lobelia's I purchased on a whim a little while back.  I have no regrets of that purchase; this beauty has continued to produce these striking fuchsia blooms for many weeks.  The little white guy is an Anemone; amazing against the dark chocolate foliage of 'Eupatorium rugosum' or 'White Snakeroot' (took the advice of sale tag for that combo).  And the bottom is another attempt at Eupatorium, commonly known as 'Joe Pye Weed'.  It has these dense puffs of lilac-colored blooms on 5' stems, a really nice burst of color for late summer.  I have it now in open shade, hoping it will bloom for me like this again next year even though they prefer sun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...