19 September 2011

suckers for punishment


It's just the way she goes sometimes, isn't it.  It seems that the plants that I pay the most attention to give me the least in return, and the ones that I could care less about continue to thrive in less than optimal conditions year after year.

Case in point;




Last year I pruned my peach tree perfectly, fertilized and watered deeply once a week, and got maybe 4 questionably looking fruits.  This year, I hacked off a couple of branches way too late into the season, never watered once and didn't give the tree any time of day whenever I passed it.  And low and behold it thrived under my neglectful selfishness.


1 comment:

  1. that's because it thought it was dying and had to reproduce!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...