6 September 2011

score!


Got an early birthday present this weekend...a Canon EOS T3i!  




Pretty exciting to share some of my first 'test' photos!









I've done quite a bit of research since this post and knew I definitely wanted another Canon, and the newest Canon Rebel EOS model sounded like it would fit my needs as an entry-level DSLR.  Many online reviews suggested purchasing the camera body only and not the 'package deal' which includes the 18-55mm lens.  So I picked up a 50mm f/1.8 lens to get me started.  It's been great so far for portrait-type photos and captures stunningly sharp colors with that coveted blurred background that I could never master with any point-and-shoot.  


However, as great as this 50mm lens may be for low-light stills, flowers and portraits, I definitely see the limitations in shooting wide-angle landscapes and interiors as well as birds and other wildlife (no zoom).  So now I am saving up for the 16-35mm f/2.8 L USM lens which is an ultra-wide angle that is supposedly fantastic for landscapes, group shots, and low light interior shots.  

But I still have a heck of a lot to learn about my 50mm before I get into spending a fortune on fancy lenses!  Having lots of fun with it though.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...