12 August 2011

area rug


Madeline Weinrib Atelier Platinum Buche Cotton Flat-Weave Area Rug.

Bit of a mouthful, no?


Comes in an assortment of sizes, of which I would need the largest (10' x 14').  I've been trying to find a replica or some kind of a similar version but Canada seems to be years behind in area rug trends compared to the U.S. of A.  I can deal without a rug in the living room for the summer, but every winter I find myself wishing I had something cozy to walk on and to make the room feel a little more casual.




Plus, Nate Berkus has one in his living room so it must be cool.

Photo: Elle Decor

I've had no luck in locating an online dealer for Madeline Weinrib, although there are some decent looking similar styles out there.  This one's from West Elm:



Or this one from Ikea:


And this one from Crate and Barrel:


The only problem with all of these alternatives is that they only come in dark stripes, whereas I was hoping to lighten the room up with the addition of a rug, not darken it even more!  Hmm maybe a trip across the border is in order?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...