5 July 2011

paint color update

I took my gutter color fan to Benjamin Moore yesterday and got them to color match Gentek's Commercial Brown with a solid exterior stain color.  Turns out it was only one shade over from the Iron Mountain trim colour we had orginally chosen.  I like it because it doesn't appear as brown as I thought it would be.  It might still be a little dark so I may go back and have them lighten it up slightly to make it more gray-charcoal looking.

Benjamin Moore Midsummer Night 2134-20


I also had them make a sample of Cromwell Gray because it was so close to Copley Gray on the paint fan. It was a good thing I did;  turns out I like it much better.  It's the color on the right.  I also found some photos of the finished product of both colors thanks to some fellow bloggers out there!


           Photo: Nicole Fountaine Fisher                      Photo: Karen DeLucas                                                    
I'm loving the muddiness of the Cromwell Gray on the right.  It's just difficult because both homes above have gray roofs and white trim.  I have to try and picture how each color would look with our cedar shingle roof and would-be dark trim.  Back to the drawing board...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...