24 June 2011

sarah richardson daybed

This post title may be slightly understated.  I need this daybed:


Here's what Sarah Richardson has to say about her Annie daybed:

"My Annie daybed is a true multi-tasker! In the living room Annie floats gracefully near the fireplace or in the center of the room for two-sided seating – welcome at any and all parties! A favorite spot in my own home for evening storybook reading, this seems to be a popular choice for all ages."

There would be storybook reading and a whole lot more happening in my living room if I had this beauty to work with.




Designed and manufactured in Canada, it is available in a wide variety of colors and fabrics, but I think I would stick with the ivory.  Yup, definitely risky with a large black hairy mutt, but we already have so much dark furniture in the room and I'd like to lighten it up somehow. 

I would put it up against the large window so it would be possible to face both directions with nothing to interfere with my prime birding view.  Right now we are using these ridiculous little footstools to sit on, which are doing the trick for now but if my butt gets any bigger will simply not suffice. 


Sarah Richardson also designed the Quinn daybed which is somewhat similar to the Annie:



Gorgeous, right?  Sarah is brilliant.  Here is a comparison of the two; Annie first and Quinn second.


 The Quinn might be a little too modern for my style.  But heck, I'd be happy with either.

When I showed my mother a photo of the Annie, she told me it would be "simple to make" and said that I should "just go to Costco and buy a twin mattress, build the base and the sides with plywood, and then staple some foam and fabric over it".  I informed her that we do not live in the slums of Detroit and, bless her frugal heart, but I have no desire to birdwatch from a dodgy looking mattress in my living room.





This is a slightly exaggerated depiction of me, bird watching from a dodgy daybed.  Notice the sad look on my face.  Not sure why I need binoculars when three birds are 1.5'' from my face, but I suppose stranger things have happened.

Which is why I need Sarah Richardson's $3500 Annie daybed.

Love you Mom!


p.s. this lovely flowered chaise lounge is actually up for grabs on usedvic today.   $350, I kid you not.


7 comments:

  1. Cool blog Alison! Its great to see you on here too- Happy Blogging- cant wait to see what you put up next (I love those decks and the granola recipe...mmmm)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thx Tasha! I am having fun with it, as i'm sure you are too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous15 June, 2013

    Good post. I learn something totally new and challenging
    on sites I stumbleupon every day. It's always useful to read content from other writers and practice something from their web sites.

    Also visit my weblog: men's hair styles (mbdin.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous17 June, 2013

    Have you ever considered about including a little bit more than just your articles?

    I mean, what you say is fundamental and everything. Nevertheless think about if you added some great images or video clips
    to give your posts more, "pop"! Your content is excellent
    but with images and videos, this blog could undeniably be one of the greatest in its field.

    Excellent blog!

    Feel free to visit my weblog: stock Options canada

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous17 June, 2013

    I constantly emailed this weblog post page to all my associates,
    since if like to read it after that my friends will too.


    Look at my blog post ... joomla Hosting - Azdekorasyon.com -

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous17 June, 2013

    This piece of writing will help the internet viewers for creating new blog or even a
    weblog from start to end.

    Look into my weblog - sports handicapping

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous17 June, 2013

    Hi there! I know this is kinda off topic however ,
    I'd figured I'd ask. Would you be interested in exchanging links or
    maybe guest writing a blog article or vice-versa? My site addresses a lot
    of the same topics as yours and I believe we could greatly benefit from each other.
    If you happen to be interested feel free to send me an e-mail.

    I look forward to hearing from you! Superb blog by the way!


    My weblog ... binary options trading

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...