17 June 2011

pharmacy floor lamp

Happy Friday!  Each Friday i'll be posting about something i'm itching for, but usually cannot afford.  haha!  This week I am longing for a Robert Abbey Pharmacy Floor Lamp.  I've been eyeing up a couple of these for the past year and I have the perfect spot for one.  I need some kind of task lamp in this corner anyways because it's a great spot for a morning cup of tea or to curl up with a new design magazine! The only lighting in this room that's just off the kitchen is a less-than-attractive ceiling-mount fixture.  We get lots of natural light from the sliding glass doors but it's just not sufficient enough, especially for those dreary November afternoons.


I got this tobacco Spagnesi loveseat when we first moved in and the Global Views twig table shortly after.  Recently also picked up these Ikat-inspired cushions and I am noticing them everywhere now! The framed typhography poster is also from Ikea.  All I need to finish this space is this:

Photo: CSNLighting

Okay and maybe some new linen drapery panels as well. Love these:


Anywho, I suppose I can survive without a $500 floor lamp for now!  But it's fun shopping around and imagining what this corner might one day look like.   I've seen this lamp at Chintz & Co. and a few other places around town, and I think the look is classic enough to withstand at least a few years of my evolving traditional-west coast-masculine-eclectic (?) style! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...